You may think that taking on Virgin Money London Marathon is the ultimate endurance test, but Mark Watson took on his own personal challenge by keeping an audience (including The Producers) of over 100 people entertained for 26.2 hours straight. A revolving door of comedians treated guests at The Pleasance Theatre in Islington to a marathon of laughs, as well as entertaining those that couldn’t attend via twitch to launch Mark Watson’s Comedy Marathon audio show on Audible.
Not only did they manage to stay awake but they also raised a whopping £20,000 for the charity partner Dementia Revolution through a series of bizarre and wonderfully CRAZY challenges that kept the audience in stitches.
We have picked our top 5 moments….that will stay with us for a very long time 😉
- Deborah Frances White dressing as Theresa May & singing Liza Minnelli’s Mein Heir!
- Legendary Tattoo Artist Dan Gold tattooing Mark Watson’s brussel sprout face onto Cerys Nelmes’ bum!
- Rachel Riley popping in to take part in one of the many games of Countdown that four participants did for the full 26.2 hours
- Angela Barnes curing her very real phobia of fish culminating in releasing an actual gold fish & kissing a cod
- Actual Bradley Walsh skyping in to chat to Izzy, the onsite artist that drew different portraits of Bradley Walsh for the full 26.2 hours
And there are so many more… thank goodness the Evening Standards were there and managed to stay awake to give their highlights here
We cant thank Audible enough for getting us involved and making us feel like we were 18 again and able to stay up all night and go to work the next day……
And a massive GOOD LUCK to all those brave souls who will be taking part Virgin Money London Marathon on the 28th April – keep an eye out for the Audible Cheering Zone down at mile 18.5.