We have been nominated for the IPM Experiential Activation in or Near a Retail Environment for our LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron Tour!
And lets face it, who doesn’t love a fast car made of LEGO?
So when it came to organising a UK experiential tour for the world’s first life-sized Bugatti Chiron, built entirely from LEGO Technic, we couldn’t keep this one to ourselves. Having been unveiled to the world at the Monza F1 Grand Prix in Italy in August, it has now made its way to the shores of the UK for a 10-day whistle-stop tour.
Kicking off with a visit to the iconic London hotel, The Savoy, and making a trip to its spiritual home at the Bugatti showroom in Mayfair, The Producers has been whizzing (ok, maybe VERY carefully transporting) the ultimate supercar to fans, visiting shopping centres and LEGO stores across Southern England.
Making pit stops in Westfield London, Westfield Stratford and Bluewater at the start of November, the public were able to get up close and personal with the car and discover some pretty incredible facts about this epic build (and even win their very own 1:8 scale LEGO Bugatti Chiron, which has to be top of any petrolhead’s wish list this Christmas…)
You can read more about how LEGO master builders took on the ‘Build for Real’ challenge to make a 1:1 scale supercar move using only LEGO Technic parts and power functions here, and see some of our favourite facts about the car below:
Facts and numbers:
- NO glue was used in the assembly
- It contains over 1,000,000 LEGO elements in total
- 339 types of LEGO TECHNIC elements used
- Total weight: 1500 kg
- It took 13,438-man hours for development and construction
The car’s engine contains:
- 2,304 LEGO Power Function Motors
- 4,032 LEGO TECHNIC gear wheels
- 2,016 LEGO TECHNIC cross axles
- Creating a theoretical performance of 5.3 HP
- Estimated Torque of 92 Nm
- The model even comes with real Bugatti Chiron wheels and emblem