The IAAF wanted to revamp and modernise their awards, putting athletes firmly at the heart of the event. Attracting more athletes and their teams, member federations, potential sponsors and media to attend and firmly establishing the IAAF Athletics Awards as the award every athlete wants to win!
An awards less ordinary…
Working as part of the IAAF’s internal team and Prince Albert’s Royal Protocol team we helped to re-fresh the awards to achieve a new look IAAF. Our role involved production, design and live show direction in 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- Creating an updated awards that focused on the athletes & celebrated their hard-work
- Reduced the awards length and number of categories
- Recruiting the much-loved presenter Clare Balding
- A red carpet event and athlete after party
- Designed a new creative identity & toolkit, delivering a timeless creative that put the athletes at the heart and carried through all show design, marketing and media touch points.
The awards have now attracted 600 athletes, sponsors, IAAF family (staff), Partners, royal delegation, media and broadcast