Here at the Producers we are love creating ‘Experiences Less Ordinary’ so when our clients LEGO® wanted to create a high impact Christmas brand experience, bigger and better than ever before during the ongoing pandemic, we decided to rise to the challenge.
Welcome to The LEGO Group’s Really Cool World a hybrid experience bringing to life the LEGO® 2020 Christmas campaign and advert in brick form.
So where to start?
Well, finding that killer location was key, so we partnered with Covent Garden, the world-famous Christmas destination and a spiritual home for LEGO® Christmas events, to create a high impact installation that visitors could experience both in real life as well as online.
Featuring everything from a LEGO® Princess Knight up for a fight, a bathtub full of over 50 LEGO® ducks, a LEGO® dinosaur fleeing a meteorite and a LEGO® Dots Dancefloor to bust some of those festive grooves, the immersive walk though told the story of the LEGO® advert while creating sharable festive photo moments to share throughout.
But to truly reach the masses we created a range of interacive digital led experiences for families to enjoy at home….
1. A virtual treasure hunt walkthrough – captured onsite, we challenged families to spot hidden LEGO® Santa’s while exploring the builds, seeking out facts, watching embedded videos and clicking on shoppable links to win LEGOLAND® tickets, all hosted on the Covent Garden website.
2. Supported by a paid Snap Chat partnership – bringing to life the LEGO® Really Cool World with three interactive Snap lenses, families could scan snap codes onsite and access at home through the snap platform to create their own sharable content.
3. Hosted on a digital hub – where families could book tickets, explore the virtual treasure hunt, enter the competition and explore and share content on social
4. Delivering amplifiable content – including photo and video opportunities for media & influencers in earned and teaser content of our virtual walkthrough in paid channels
5. Delivering targeted research opportunities – with families invited to share their feedback whether visiting the digital or physical experiences giving us valuable insights.
6. And a soft drive to the LEGO® store – to claim a special Christmas gift in store and chance to shop the holiday range online at LEGO.com
With over 300k families experiencing the installation at Covent Garden and 12k families exploring the virtual treasure hunt our Really Cool World cemented LEGO® in the hearts and minds of families, reaching over 230m in earned coverage during a Christmas like no other!